CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Life and Times of a Blackberry and other things..

It seems like so much has happened since I got my job offer last week. So far I have worked 3 days. It is definitely what I thought it would be, but it's also not what I thought it would be. There are so many types of geriatric care facilities and everyone is different. I am only in assisted living and it's nothing like a nursing home or other similar places. We do limited ADL care, since they have to be able to care for them selves a certain amount in order to just be in assisted living. Though we don't do as much as a nursing home they still keep us busy that's for sure.

I have been exhasted after work each night. And I'm glad I got to switch to evenings instead of nights but I'm used to going to bed at 10, and sometimes earlier than that. Now I work till 11. But it's good to just be able to not have to learn to stay up all night and try to go to school full time. The only thing that isn't so good about working nights is that I really miss my baby. When I work nights the only time I see her is in the morning when I am getting her ready for school.

In other news I have the ACT on saturday and after the ACT I am hosting a baby shower for my sister-in-law(my brother-in-laws) wife. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I've only done one other shower before and I knew everyone at the shower, this time it will be a bit different.

I guess I should get to the blackberry. Well this weekend my mom had a Mary Kay open house, and so it was just us gals at home. Well near the end of the party Lexie gets a hold of my blackberry and sticks it in a cup of tea. So my blackberry was toast. It couldn't be saved, we tried. Yesterday I got my replacement from insurance, so I'm really glad that my husband got the insurance when it was finially available for the blackberrys.

1 comments:

Erin said...

I know that your sister-in-law will be blessed by your work in hosting your shower! I will be thinking about you tomorrow morning and praying for a clear mind and a calm heart during your test :) i have no idea what a blackberry does (can you believe it -Ha!) but i am glad you have it back and thanks for sharing your family on the blog!