CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Positives and Negatives of the Weekend

As I had mentioned in my previous post I was to take the ACT on Saturday. Well needless to say it was a fiasco. I was horribly stupid and thought that my phone is on silent, since it usually is on silent. I usually forget to turn the ringer on, not the other way around. Any way I got through all of the English, Math and half the Reading when my dad called my phone. He thought I had called to have him pick me up, when in reality I had called him the night before. So as you can guess my phone rang during the middle of the Reading test and I got kicked out of the ACT. Not one of my finer moments. Alas the money spent on the ACT wasn't a total waste. Even though my test is void, I can retake in February and not have to pay again. Now since
February is after school starts, I will be taking the Compass test for free tomorrow morning and I get my results right away.

The good part of the weekend was the baby shower I hosted for my sister-in-law, my brother-in-law's wife. She will be having a C-Section the same day I start classes, on January 12th. They will be having a baby boy that they plan to call Landon. Any way the shower was wonderful and I got lots of comments. I wish I could have done more, but with working part-time, money is on the short end. We played 5 games, Nursery Rhyme Jeopardy, Baby Word Scramble, Guess the Baby Food, Old Wives' Tale Trivia and a game where you write a typical first time mom question, then pass your card on and then you write your questions answer on the new card you have. That probably doesn't clarify it, but it was pretty funny. I also had each person right a special note to my sister-in-law saying something special about her and the coming bundle of joy. Here is a picture from the shower.

0 comments: